+ Reply to Thread

Thumbs down FE-330 won't take decent pics...

So I purchased a used Olympus FE-330, and thus far I have been unable to take a decent picture with it. All the pictures come out grainy and/or neon colored. For example, a brown desk looks bright orange, or if I photograph myself I'm neon green or orange.

I've tried different ISO and light settings and every conceivable mode and have not made any headway. The only mode that comes close to (but still falls short of) taking acceptable pictures is the image stabilization mode.

[edit] I posted some pictures in my gallery. Most of these were taken with the camera's settings on auto.

If anyone has any idea what's going on, I'd be super appreciative of any help you can provide. I have an event to go to this weekend and I'd hate to have to take my old 3.2MP Cybershot (need to replace the LCD on that old thing, and I bought the FE-330 just for the occasion).
    Last edited by KaizerWolf; Oct 25th, 2009 at 05:31 PM.

Blog Entries
    upload the picture here to your gallery so people can take a look, your link doesnt work.

People are more apt to look at a picture if its in a Byte gallery then going to an unknown website link
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Blog Entries
    hope you didnt spend much for your camera. After looking at the pics in your gallery, its obvious the camera must be broken
    Its nothing you were doing wrong.
    Are you able to get your money back?
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

I looked for reviews on the Olympus FE-330 Im sorry to say that camera was discontinued. By what I can see of the photo's you uploaded the camera looks to have been damaged and the lens are misaligned and the lens abbreviation is causing the color distortion.

The camera itself only cost me $35, but I also paid about that much for the accessories that go with it... it was from an ebay auction, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get a refund on the $35, but I already have a 2gb xD card, two batteries, a charger, etc. so would you recommend buying another Olympus FE, or should I just stay away from these cameras altogether?

Would it be possible to take this one somewhere to get it fixed?

yes Olympus is a good camera I use the FE-320 I would say contact the seller and request a return since the camera is not working properly. But I do suggest you check reviews of cameras before you purchase one sites like is a great tool to check on a camera before purchase.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/

Thread Information