+ Reply to Thread

Nikon D40 or Nikon D40x

The Nikon D40 is 6 megapixels and the D40x is 10. However the D40x is almost $200 more. Is it worth the extra $200?

Yes, the big difference between these two models is only the CCD sensor, but they are some more small differences. 6.0 megapixel vs 10.0 megapixel is very big difference and I think it's worth it! But no doubts that you can make very quality photos with D40 (much more important the lens than the sensor). You can find very impressive imformations about these two models at: Nikon D40

I don't know the cameras, but I know megapixels. 6 is plenty to take great shots (one of my cameras is the original Digital Rebel which is 6); however, 10 is huge - this will allow the latitude to significantly crop and yet still make nice enlargements. The $200 will be forgotten in the year and will help re-sale (if you ever change)
    Buddy

Visit my Africa blog at www.ChobeSafari.com

y not D60?

if you are considering d40x, maybe you should consider a D60 which has sensor cleaning... and i think it's available already in some places... at digitalrev.com is one

just a thought...

Cool Re: y not D60?

Originally posted by Princevanya
    if you are considering d40x, maybe you should consider a D60 which has sensor cleaning... and i think it's available already in some places... at digitalrev.com is one

just a thought...
    wow, thanks for the link, those guys are FAST.... AND they even have a hands-on video!!!! the D60 hasn't even reached the brick and mortar shops yet.

Re: y not D60?

Originally posted by Princevanya

just a thought...
    The D60 is the natural choice instead of the D40x as I believe that is what Nikon is planning to replace with the D60. VR lens + self cleaning + various minor improvements = great but only if the price is near the D40x...

Rumours have it that Nikon is completely phasing out the D40x...and the D60 is better in some ways albeit only subtle differences. It also seems like the D60 review posted by the digitalrev guys show some pretty good ISOs on the D60 too...
    Last edited by cklam; Feb 28th, 2008 at 04:47 AM.

Nikon D40 vs Nikon D40x

I've been looking for an honest answer regarding the differences between the two (besides the MP) and I can say I've found it here.

Thanks guys.
    www.JacobFuentes.com

Hi Ive got a d40 and it takes stunning photos, I belong to a camera club where a member has a hasselblad 50megapixel and Ive seen better photos from a kodak instamatic, or a polaroid.

Go figure,,,

Blog Entries
    Its the photographer that makes the photo, not the camera If the person with the instamatic is more knowledgeable both technically and compositional than the owner of the Hasselblad, guess who wins
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Thread Information