+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Voting

Voting

Is it me or is there nothing to vote for this week (Week 16)?

Ruth is busy with her fight against patenttroll, i think

Blog Entries
    Sorry about that. Steve had done it last week while working on the convention and I thought he had made it public.
    I have to get him to change the date so it will open again and members can vote.

http://www.bytephoto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16467
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

I'm the one who needs to apologise as I totally forgot the bigger issues at stake - sorry!

Blog Entries
    it's up now. Steve set it for ending Monday. I'm going to send out a mass mailer to those who have logged in the passed couple weeks to vote.
    I just chose all the finalists for this week and Steve will be working on that soon.

Last week and this week were tough. Steve was running a piano convention and not back until yesterday, and this is also the 1st weekend of festival season.
    I was also hired for a local photo shoot where I had to go a few different days waiting for their tulips to bloom and not miss them since they might not last long this year.
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Really nice images, I just start my adventure with photography, so most of the picture are nice to compare to mine :-) Does anyone have any advice for a new photographer?

You bet, DannyB....shoot every chance you get, everything you see. If you see a photo you like by someone else, try to capture a similar scene or subject wherever you are...then look closely at every one of you photos to decide what went wrong that the scene as you saw it in your mind didn't come out like you expected. Set your camera for Manual control, and experiment until you know how to change settings to get the effects you want. Go ahead and submit photos to a site like Bytephoto, and appreciate every comment you can get. Most of all, have fun with it!

Thread Information