+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Read1 Patent Reform Breifing in front of Congress April 16th on Capitol Hill, DC

I've been asked to be a speaker next week in support of Patent Reform to tell my story on our experience.
    This is not only huge for me, this is HUGE for anyone and everyone that has or will be shortly hit by patent trolls that sue with very weak patents.

Here is the website setup for the meeting

http://patentreformbriefing.splashthat.com/

this photo is from the link I shared over on my Facebook page, I know not all of you have Facebook accounts.

So, next week I will be announcing the April Week #14 winners from Capitol Hill in DC... how cool is that
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Blog Entries
    And.... I'll also be going to DC April 29th to speak again to tell our story.
    Here are a few small businesses that have been hit.
    I'll be going with Application Developers Alliance on their patent reform campaign – www.trollfighter.com

They will be flying in victims from around the country effected by patent trolls to all tell their story proving small businesses and people are being hit by this and not just corporate America.

Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Ruth!!! I just cannot believe all of the great things that are happening, as a result of your hard work!!! You GO girl!! SO proud to have known you back when! lollll
    Chris

comments for Ruth...

Hi Ruth,

This is truly crazy, and I'm sorry you have to spend your time to deal with it.

Leave aside that the idea of a contest, regardless of venue, could conceivably be patentable in the first place. Forget for-profit contests; If this nut's ploy works against a non-profit, for-fun "contest" such as Bytephoto, then all those church groups, clubs, magazines, non-profits, community organizations, cities, states, civic groups that routinely hold similar "contests" are at risk, too. In fact, if this guy gets away with it, any two people emailing their favorite photos back & forth and discussing them might be the next victims.

I know that you will do fine at the congressional hearings.

After watching the past several years I am not sanguine about the ability of this congress to do anything, much less anything sensible, but I fervently hope the congressional hearings go well, and our representatives act swiftly to resolve the issue.

Clay Johnson

Go Ruthie!!!!
    I am almost always wrong so ignore my suggestions. Henry

www.treasuresofpa.com. ... www.hrowan.com

Manakin-Sabot Virginia United States of America
    Ruth,
    Sorry to see you forced into this corner. I honestly hope that the hearing will provide a starting point for relief for yourselves and others in the same box.
    Don

Thread Information