+ Reply to Thread

Well hello there, stranger!

Hello,

My name is Anthony and I have an addiction...wait...ooops, wrong forum! Embarrassing.... Anyhoo, began my photographic journey a few years back. With the assistance of the fine folks at Digital Image Cafe, my skills greatly improved. Then life got busy and I moved..and moved....and moved again. I'm actually celebrating my first whole year in one state...yippee! Decided to jump back into my beloved hobby. The cafe is dead but through the deceased's facebook page I found this wonderful playground. So, I am counting on y'all to help me! No pressure but seriously... Heck, if the opportunity arises I will even share my limited (but brilliant) knowledge. haha

Ruth, I remember your amazing pictures from DIC. Glad to see this site has some talent behind the wheel! Looking forward to seeing more of your (an others') pictures!

Now, which one of these hallways leads to the critique corner...

Thank you
    Anthony Dickson
    The humblest man alive
    "It is not the violence that sets a man apart. It's the distance he's prepared to go."

See more of my work here-->
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/adickson87/

Blog Entries
    Well hello Anthony, so nice to have you here and find out you too were a former DIC member as we have a growing number joining here at Bytephoto.

My husband Steve and I purchased Bytephoto from the original owner in November 2009. The site was created about March-May 2003.
    There is a critique section to upload your photos by categories.
    http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/g597-photo-critiques.html

For some reason it was never used that much an instead members uploaded to the contest during the week and that became where everyone gave critiques. It's kinda like the critique section of DIC where people took advice and made any changes they wanted at their own discretion. But at the end of the week, only the previous winner chose the current winner at DIC. Here at Bytephoto, I created 6 categories, 6 finalists each and 50-60 members vote each week with 6 winners
    I have already noticed improvement in some of the new members from 2009/2010 and they are now winning some of the POTW's as some of the 2011 newer members.

I always find forcing yourself to give critiques helps be more particular on my own images I take or process.
    Jump right in, you will find us all an easy crowd to hang around
    Welcome again
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Blog Entries
    PS: You will notice when you post to the forums you will have a little next to your name.
    That just means I tagged you as a "Active Contest Members" at any point since you joined Bytephoto.
    That means I can always have an idea how many of those that have joined actually start to upload to the contest, and it gives me an easy way if I have to send out a quick mass email via the forum software to just those that have ever been a contest participant. So far we have 320 members that pop in to participate through out the year.

So if you or anyone that does participate notice the little blue ribbon does not show up, please be sure to let me know so I can update you
    Pbase.com/ReflectionsbyRuth
    Facebook.com/ReflectionsbyRuthPhotography
    ReflectionsbyRuth.com
    Facebook.com/Bytephoto

Hi There!

Hi Anthony, welcome aboard this great well run site. There is some very good photographers here who are wiling to give advice if required, looking forward to viewing some of tour images.

Brian Clark

Thread Information