PDA

View Full Version : Increase pixel or resolution of image

nmahesh567
May 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hi,

I have just purchased EASYSHARE C613 Zoom Digital Camera. The big problem I am facing is that if I print photo on 4 x 6, the print is not coming properly. After searching my guess is that I have to increase pixel or resolution of image.

I tried and I found that camera has its default resolution (6.1 MP - which I think maximum) and current image dimensions are 2848 * 2134. So please let me know:

1) How can I increase pixel / resolution of image OR
2) How can I print the existing images on 4 x 6

I have not used Zoom while taking picture and also not cropped images.

Thanks,
Mahesh

RTaylor
May 28th, 2008, 01:59 AM
your pixel resolution is fine for printing 4x6 at the default of the camera.

Are you editing the picture with software then saving it or printing the file exactly what came out of the camera?

Without knowing your process, I can only guess you might be editing the picture and when you save it, you could be hitting save over and over each time you edit and save to the original jpg file which destroys the picture.

You never want to save your edits to the original jpg file. Best thing to do if you are editing the jpg file is to do a
Save As to a tiff file and print with the tiff file.

Let us know your process once you take the files off your camera and we might be able to determine what went wrong :)

nmahesh567
Jun 2nd, 2008, 07:20 PM
Sorry for being late.

A few pictures I edited but not all. I am not sure whether sample printed pictures were edited one or not.

I edited them in Picasa. Do you think editing in Picasa would decrese the picture quality to be printed on 4 x 6?

Thanks