PDA

View Full Version : Kodak P880 Vs Pentax ist DL

TheMachine
Jul 25th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Hello forums.

Okay, I run a club culture website. It's a community based website for clubbers in North-West England.

One of our more popular services is the clubbers gallery. We visit the bars and clubs, photograph the punters, and then publish the photos on the website.

During the last 12 months, I've tried various cameras. Each had their own strengths and weaknesses but I struggle to find one which can do a little of everything.

Keep in mind that this camera is for use within a dark environment, often with fast moving colourful light.

I've decided to treat myself to a better camera now but I'm stuggling. I've narrowed it down to the following two camera.

Pentax ist DL SLR
Kodak P880

I've found a supplier and they are around the same price.

Now, the Kodak is a nice camera. 8 million px and I know Kodak are fantastic image quality, but it's not SLR

Where the Pentax is only 6 million px, but SLR

In your opinion, which camera is best and why? And which do you think would best suit the job in hand?

Thanks, Aron.

TheMachine
Aug 1st, 2006, 11:25 AM
Don't worry about the above guys... By the time anybody posts a reply on this forum they will have invented SLR mobile phone cameras. I'll figure it out for myself.

Cheers

Nov 14th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I think both of them are good for that job.

beaux
Dec 18th, 2006, 09:49 PM
The advantage of the P880 is that it is closed lens and takes attachments... your screen is least accessable to dirt and lint.

beaux