PDA

View Full Version : EZ Share Software associating w/JPEGs??

viper69
Jun 6th, 2006, 07:00 PM
Question....

In the newest version and the version of Easy Share software from Kodak it asks if I want to asssociate the software w/JPEGs..and of course other image formats.

When I chose YES, naturally my JPEGs icons are little Kodak symbols..

My question is this, what if I choose not to associate the software w/JPEGs??

Will this affect my ability to use the EZ Share Docking and software to make albums and such???

I ask because now anytime I open any JPEGs I own the software has to load, and the software blows up the image larger than necessary, resulting in pixelated images.

WHEREAS the native Microsoft OS (XP Pro) opens them quicker and doesn't cause me to resize them. It opens them up perfectly for quick viewing purposes.

I am curious to hear what people have to say..

THanks

jorge
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:48 AM
I'm not sure this will completely answer your question, but I figure it's worth a shot. I personally don't like using the Kodak software at all because I've had problems using it, and I don't think it's always logical to use.

What I do: I uninstalled all of the Kodak software and just used basic Windows XP programs to upload and organize my pictures. I find it easier, and like you said in your post, Windows loads the pictures faster. I just sort them into folders (you could call them albums?). Granted you lose some of the features (for instance, on my camera I can't use the "My Favorites" option). I'm not sure how this all works with the dock, but if you don't mind setting the dock aside, you could just buy a cheap card reader as those work wonderfully. If you have any questions about this, please feel free to let me know. Hope that's at least a bit of help. Good luck!

viper69
Aug 3rd, 2006, 10:46 PM
Well we will see..I'm probably going to mess around w/it this weekend.