PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Z740 - CloseUp Pic. Problems

KhanJee
Feb 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
I am using Kodak Z740. I want to take close up / macro pictures of my aquarium fish but am unable. All the pictures are so blur. I am unable to focus the object. I tried close up mode with steady objects also but still result is not satisfactory. In manual it says Close Up mode takes pictures from less than 28in/70cm. Flash is also a problem occurs. This mode switches off the flash and when i switch on the flash the object's upper half is in light/bright and lower half is in dark. Flash don't reach the lower portion.

The same stuff I tried with sports mode.

Anyone had experience with Z740 close up pictures ? Can someone advise what settings to make or trick how to take good close up pictures ?

Palaeos
Feb 27th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Hi:

I use this camera and have had some success with closeups. I think the first thing you'll want is a tripod if you don't already have one because camera shake is exaggerated in these types of shots.

Try using the PSAM mode (manual). Use M mode and increase shutter speed to 1/500 or 1/1000 sec, and increase the f/stop to 3.6-4.5, maybe even more.

I have found that the best shots are captured on manual mode, and that the preset "Action/Sport," "Night," etc are just approximations. Use ISO 200 or 400 and shoot over and over, making small adjustments in one field at a time until you are getting good exposures. If you try to adjust too many settings with each photo, the multitude of variables will make it difficult to tell what to correct. For example, if the shot is too dark, try moving the exposure bias up by .5 or 1.0, as this will make a marked difference in lighting at such close range.

Hope this helps. Experiment. I am new to photography myself and have found that sometimes I have to shoot 200 shots to get one I like. Be discerning and determined.

Palaeos