PDA

View Full Version : help me please

rog0263
Jan 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
please help me ,this may seem really stupid to you guys but when ever i take photos in my childs school gym or auditorium they always turn out really dark,and i have to go and edit them ive tried every flash option i have (fill,auto,etc.)i've put my camera settings on sport,night,and every other option i have that i thought would work but still nothing.i don't know if this helps but i'm using a kodak 3.2 mp. please somebody tell me why my photos are turning out this way. what am i doing wrong? thanks so much.

BytePhoto
Jan 21st, 2006, 03:00 PM
Hi,

It could be that the distance between you and the subject is too far for the flash to light up the area where your subject is placed.
I don't know if your Kodak camera has variable ISO settings, but if so, try adjusting it to something like 200, 400 or 800.

Also you could post some photos in your free photo sharing (http://www.bytephoto.com/photopost/) gallery here, so members can view the photos and maybe get a better idea of where the issue is coming from and therefore help on finding a solution.

rog0263
Jan 21st, 2006, 07:55 PM
i really appreciate the input,i do not have an iso option could how ever be the distance bot wouldnt the lights from the gym help?unfortunately i have already edited my photos and did not keep a un edited version .next time though i will mwke sure to keep unedited copies of all of them. thanks

KhanJee
Feb 9th, 2006, 04:52 AM
I am not sure which kodak model you have. Check if you have "exposure setting" then increase it before taking picture. It will help you to reduce darkness.