PDA

View Full Version : problem with camera

rubydriver
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:05 PM
I got a Kodak Easyshare C340 digital camera for christmas. I just got a 512 mb memory stick for it today and after I put in the camera I started having problems. Whenever I turn it on, the power light will flash green twice then flash red 4 or 5 times and shut off. The book says check the batteries so I put new batteries in it and started working. But the batteries that came with the camera should not be dead already should they? I have messed around with it a little but not that much. Could it be something else besides the batteries? BTW, would regular alkaline batteries hurt the camera? I am going to get camera batteries when I get a chance.

Dec 27th, 2005, 09:58 PM
You can use any AA batteries that you want. Leaving the LCD on or using the flash eats batteries alive. Myself I use only rechargable batteries. You'll never be happy with any power hungry digital camera untill you get rechargable's. KODAK makes a DOCK and printer dock for your camera. Both can be used with or without a computer. Why anyone would not hook it up to the computer I have no idea. Anyway both docks charge batteries. I believe both come with a set of NiMH rechargable batteries. Anyway the standard dock has a list price of $49.99 and can be bought many places for less, and it includes a NIMh battery, and it comes with software, and it downloads your pictures with a push of a button to your computer, and it comes with all the wires needed to do that. Well that sounds like a good deal to me and it'll rid you of regular batteries. I have one, and LOVE it. I'd never be without that wonderfull dock. Battery charging time is if batteries are stone dead 3 hours or so.

Check out

www.KODAK.com

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=6527&pq-locale=en_US&cameraEkNumber=EKN030242&skuID=S18915&Visible=false&navCategory=EKN030242

PS: If you ever have problem after the return date with your camera. Contact the maker of the camera not the store you bought it from. That will save you some madness.

rubydriver
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Will the dock work with my camera?

Dec 28th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Go to

www.kodak.com

click on digital cameras

click on your camera.

click on your cameras accessories

That gives you all the part numbers/model numbers of all the docks and printer docks for your camera.