PDA

View Full Version : dx7630 sound/speaker problem

naia
Oct 23rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
my kodak dx7630 suddenly lost its sound (sound themes and video sound when you review the videos).

i think it has something to do with the speakers of the unit, cuz when i uploaded the videos in my comp, it still had audio in it.

has anyone ever encountered this?

btw, ive turned up the sound. and ive checked in the menu area, the sound is turned on. so whats the matter? please help.

thanks!

Nov 11th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Did you by chance turn the volume down?

naia
Nov 13th, 2005, 07:08 AM
yeah. "btw, ive turned up the sound. and ive checked in the menu area, the sound is turned on."

naia
Nov 13th, 2005, 07:10 AM
i mean no (to turning down the volume). "btw, ive turned up the [volume]. and ive checked in the menu area, the sound is turned on."

Nov 13th, 2005, 09:23 AM
If your sound is still not working. I would send the camera to KODAK. I would not take it to a shop for repairs the cost would be to high. Ship your camera to KODAK and see what they can do for you.

Refurb
Nov 20th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Either take it to a shop or if your good with cameras (in and out) fix it yourself. It could be that the wires to your speaker are somehow disconnected. Usually speaker wires are lightly soldered onto the ciruit board inside your camera (for some odd reason). But if you know somebody thats good with electronics, it shoulc be an easy fix for them.

Nov 20th, 2005, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by sw2cam
If your sound is still not working. I would send the camera to KODAK. I would not take it to a shop for repairs the cost would be to high. Ship your camera to KODAK and see what they can do for you.

Doing either one of the things stated here is as bright as a 7 watt bulb. First taking it to a shop will cost you as much as it would to go out and buy a new camera. Second if you take your camera apart and don't fix it. SONY,CANON, and evan KODAK will decline any claim because you tampered with the unit. Thats not to bright. Send the camera in see what they'll do for you. Trolls never have bright things to say or good advice. If fact this one may work for another company trying to diss all others.

Refurb
Nov 20th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Send the camera into who?? Sony?? Yes of course if your camera is still within warranty, but if it is not then sony may charge you as much as any old shop would (which is way to much). Check sony first, and if there price is unreasonable check your local camera shop and see what they can do. See ya next time sw2cam.

Nov 20th, 2005, 03:42 PM
Send the camera into who?, surely not to some online reburb company. Lets see if you drive a Porsche do you take it to Late night auto repair? If you drive a Chevrolet do you take it to Babba's auto center. Maybe in days gone by, but not today. It's the same for your camera. Referb camera sales service and batterins is not the place. I hope not to see you ever again Troll.

Refurb
Nov 20th, 2005, 05:30 PM
If that porsche dealer charges more to repair the car than the car is worth then you better believe im going to look else where, and that goes for any late night company that you speak of as well. You got me all wrong by calling me a troll and such and following me along from string to string like a bad itch. I don't repair camera's for anyone and I'm not here to make a buck. That is not what I'm here for, so get off me. So if you don't ever want to see me around, then please do the wise thing and quit following me.

Nov 20th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Anyone that gives the advice of taking a camera apart may not be here for any reason, but bad advice is bad advice. I'll always say something about that.

PS: with a the name of REFURB and a link to a refurb outfit. What are you doing here? Trying to convince everyone to send the products into the product maker? Trying to get the word out to everyone that the product maker knows more about what they make then then any repair shop ever will?