PDA

View Full Version : using filters with DX7440

Shen
Aug 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM
I recently bought some filters for my DX7440.

everythign was cool the adapter fitted, filters fitted, until i tried to turn my camera on, i got the kodak screen, then the LCD went balck and the power light was flashing and went off and i couldnt do anything with my camera, i tried altering the settings before i put the filters and things on. but still this same thing happened.

any ideas on how i can fix this?

(i really want to get in there and play aorund with my filters!!)

kmoffat
Aug 9th, 2005, 04:42 PM
Maybe the lense is impacting the filter when it extends. I heard someone recommend putting a rubber band around the filter threads to act as a spacer.

Shen
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM

i will try this, at the moment i got them working by only screwing the adapter on half way.

kmoffat
Aug 9th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Is your adapter the correct one for your camera? My Z7590 adapter allows attachment of UV and Polarizing filters, no problem.

Shen
Aug 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
yeah the adapter is made for my camera, the problem isnt attaching the filters to the adapter it was attaching the adapter t the camerea, i think though that i just tigthened it a little bit too much, once i slackened it off a bit it worked ok.

bill2468
Oct 13th, 2005, 07:00 AM
I have the same camera. Why do you want to use any filter? Save your image and change the color with your edit program. The camera has 2 degrees of close up, regular color and enhanced color which make a polarizer less needed also.

BiLL

Shen
Oct 13th, 2005, 09:27 AM
hey,

i bought them becuase im on a photography a-level, and besides using film camreas, we use digital, and i wanted to try some effects with fitlers and stuff without relying so much on computers. i figuired it out a while ago so thats cool lol

bill2468
Oct 13th, 2005, 10:28 AM
O.K. what ever floats your boat.

I like to know I can add filtration down the road to enhance a picture and a image shot through a filter can not be un-filtered.

Keep on clicking!

BiLL

Nov 11th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Why use a camera, just post what you see to your memory.