PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed: What Kodak Digicam Should I Buy?

Foto X
Jul 30th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I cannot find the proper section of the forum to post this section. I apologize if I placed this thread in the wrong section of the forum...

I've been looking for a digital camera with the following features:

1. At Least 4.0 MP
2. Memory Dependent Video Recording Function (640x480 Resolution, minimum of 10 FPS)
3. Can capture photo / shoot video and produce decent images on Lowlight / Dim lighted places.
4. Uses non-expensive media: Compact-flash (CF) or SD cards.

At first I have the following brand choices: CANON, SONY, KODAK, SAMSUNG, & OLYMPUS.

I tried searching for products with the functions mentioned above. CANON & OLYMPUS have great features but their video recording feature is not memory-capacity dependent and is limited to a short period of time. Sony has an excellent reputation but memory sticks are more expensive compared to other digital cards. That leaves me with KODAK.

I do have a budget of only $300 (camera and memory) and I came out with the following KODAK Models:

1. Kodak EasyShare CX7430
2. Kodak EasyShare LS743
3. Kodak EasyShare LS753

There are lots of Positive Feedbacks on the Kodak EasyShare CX7430 & the LS753 but I can hardly find someone giving feedback emphasis on the lowlight function.

Which of these Kodak cameras should I choose? Please rank them from Top 1 to 3 so I would know which is better’‚’‚…‚’‚‚¦

I am not looking for a broadcast media quality camera. I do understand that I have to spend $1500 and above to get these quality. What I’‚’‚…‚’‚…Ύ‚m looking for is an affordable camera that can give me decent images and videos on bright and lowlight conditions for the reason that I do not have enough budget to buy a high-end expensive digital camera.

Thank You Very Much

kmoffat
Aug 1st, 2005, 01:18 PM
The DX7590 is very discounted and might be close to your budget level. Great camera, lots of features, 10x zoom. It's been updated to the Z7590, but the feature set is only slightly changed.

bill2468
Oct 14th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Try te kodak usa web site to compare models and they also have refurbs with warrenties also try amazon and overstock.

I have a dx7444 with 4x optical zoom that I love to the point that I have retired my olympus 2100uz which has 10x optical zoom.

Digital still cameras are not made to compete with digital video cameras and digital video cameras are not made to compete with digital still cameras. These secondary features are just a additional bell and whistle. Being able to add a external flash will give you a better image and is more important than shooting a video clip that may be very hard to edit. None of Spielbers movies were shot on digital still cameras!

BiLL

Nov 11th, 2005, 06:25 PM
If your not really into photography, but think you might want to advance. The KODAK Z7590 is an outstanding rig. Point and shoot is spot on. Many many manual setting to move into.