PDA

View Full Version : Kodak Easyshare light problem

timward
Jul 29th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Can someone help troubleshoot this Kodak digital camera problem?
My Kodak easyshare (LS443) Suddenly had a problem .All exterior pictures have a washed out look. Interior pictures are OK, but not perfect. I tried different light settings, but this doesn't seem to change anything. When I went to A "Camera Shop" store, the person told me it would cost $220.00 just to have the camera looked at. Ridiculous, since new models cost less than 200. I don't know what to do. I have since bought a smaller Kodak easyshare on sale for 150.00,even though it went against the grain to buy another Kodak. Thinking I could use my original dock (wrong again). Anyway, any thoughts about what might be wrong and how to fix this?

varun
Jul 30th, 2005, 03:06 AM
Hmmm... I have a Kodak DX6490 (been using it for a year now) and I've never encountered any problems like this. Do your pics have a washed look even if you take them in auto mode?

Well, even if they do have a washed look in auto mode, I wouldn't know how to fix it, so never mind :)

Nov 11th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I'll say this again. I had a problem with a KODAK camera. I shipped it back to KODAK, they sent me back a rebuilt camera. It cost me $25 bucks plus what shipping it took to get the camera to them. I figured the service was very good. Would I take any camera to a camera shop?, no way. If the manufature does not do repairs, I don't buy from them. KODAK does.

Refurb
Nov 20th, 2005, 06:06 AM
You probably don't want to hear this, but that is a common problem with those particular camera's. I have one sitting in front of me right now with a len's issue so I know. Usually the camera starts off with a problem like your having now and then later the lcd will just go black. Either that or the lens will not extend. I have heard many complaints just like yours. Kodak refuses to repair the problem at a reasonable price and on top of that, they do not guarantee that the problem will not arise again. So as far as the Ls443 goes, me and you both are out of luck.

Nov 20th, 2005, 06:40 AM
A TROLL.........You probaly don't want to hear this,.....but......I'm reading what one has to say right now. So the only person out of luck is the one that believes what trolls have to say, and do not try yo see what the company will do for them

pip22
Dec 26th, 2005, 09:29 AM
Some Kodak Printer Docks can be adapted to accept different Kodak cameras. All you need is a different plastic adapter that matches the shape of the base of your new kodak camera, then clip that onto the dock. Go to www.kodak.com and look for the 'Printer Dock Compatibility Chart'.