PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me the problem with my camera?

Dee88
Jan 10th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I have a Kodak dx 4330, recently my LCD screen went out and now only a white screen appears when I power up. The pictures I take are stored onto the memory stick, but I can not review them on the LCD screen. Has anyone ever heard of this problem happening on other LCD screens or Kodak cameras? And is there any guess on how much this would cost to get it fixed? It costs $50 just to get it checked out and the salesman told me it probably would not be worth fixing (although he is a salesman....). Thank you anyone and everyone who can give any sort of help at all.

Jan 11th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Hi,

Is the camera still under warrenty? You might give kodak a call and see what it would cost to fix it. The camera still works you just can't see the pictures before you upload them to a computer to view them.

If it costs to much to fix it keep the camera and start saving for a new one. That is about the only advise I can give you. The LCD Screen is an electrical part and they do go bad. Sometimes right out of the box or sometimes years down the road. You might want to get a memory card reader to get your pictures out of the camera. It saves on the battery and wear on the camera.

Good Luck
bluwing

Dee88
Jan 13th, 2005, 03:31 PM
No, its not under warrenty anymore.... Thanks for the help.

Nov 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I had a problem with a KODAK camera that was out of warrantee. I sent it to KODAK, they sent me a rebuilt unit and my cost was $25 bucks. Give it a try.